Castriota Company History, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1968 A Pittsburgh Motorcycle Policeman, Al Castriota, and his son, Randy who was a student at the time, had a 1956 Ford pickup truck. They went around picking up mufflers, tail pipes, and miscellaneious metals and sold them to local scrap dealers.
- 1972 Randy graduated from Duquesne University and decided scrap metal was his future. He bought a F100 Ford 3/4 ton truck, a 1 ton truck, and a 5 ton truck and continued on as a peddler doing this part time until 1987.
- 1987 Castriota's first scrap facility purchased. A 5000 square foot building to house metals such as copper, brass, and aluminum. He began his advertising campaign through the Pennysaver Magazine.
- 1987 Castriota Metals Incorporated as a C. Corporation with two employees including himself.
- 1996 Randy bought one roll-off truck and one dump truck. He established a goal that he would own 500 dumpsters and 10 trucks.
- 1997 Reorganized company as an S Corporation.
- 1998 Pittsburgh Roll Off Service was created and incorporated.
- 2001 Purchased 6 acres of land thus creating a 2nd facility which houses Castriota Metals & Recycling's second scrap yard and the home of Pittsburgh Roll Off Services.
- 2005 April. McKees Rocks location officially opened. Randy met his goal of 500 boxes and 10 trucks.
- 2008 Castriota Metals and Recycling and Pittsburgh Roll Off Service employ 34 employees and have become a major service provider in the area.
- 2010 Castriota Metals Solid Waste is started as a division of Castriota Metals & Recycling and begins to provide commercial trash removal services.
- 2015 February. Castriota Metals & Recycling Too closes in Mckees Rocks and reopens at 99 Watt St, Coraopolis, PA.
More Company Information